We're looking for a strategy-savvy SEO specialist.
Brandish is hiring a mid to senior level SEO Strategist to fulfill an immediate role on our Performance Marketing team. While this position is posted in Toronto, the role will be performed remotely with our Winnipeg and Toronto teams.
Brandish is a fast-paced agency that looks for not only talent, but also individuals with a growth-mindset and a desire to contribute to the growth of the agency and its clients.
The SEO Strategist will manage and implement any strategies that are tied with our clients’ search engine visibility and increasing their organic traffic. They will also maintain our current search engine presence and keep our websites technically sound. They will assist with brand messaging awareness for our clients through various media such as blog posts, social media, etc.
We are looking for a self-starter who wants to build a career for themselves and own their unique discipline within our agency. We love highly collaborative problem-solvers who can work independently, give and receive constructive feedback, and aren’t afraid to try, fail, and try again.
The SEO Strategist will work mostly autonomously with the support of the various team members across the agency (depending on the project) to fulfill responsibilities such as:
- Manage and execute implementation of effective SEO strategies
- Define requirements, tasks, and resources associated to SEO strategy
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, and internet marketing industry trends and development.
- Communicate to team and management on strategy/project development, timelines, and results.
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages.
- Provide SEO recommendations and execute/manage strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals– general and keyword specific.
- Develop, manage and execute communication/content strategies via blogs, email and website copy in coordination with client goals.
- Develop and implement link building campaigns.
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings.
- Monitor and evaluate web analytics dashboards and reports in order to develop and recommend SEO strategies.
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results.
- Lead the technical optimization of websites with our web developers and Product team
- Ongoing management of Google MyBusiness listings.
- Support to the brand messaging via search demand on popular topics.
- Provide copy direction for copywriters.
- Track KPIs to assess whether the client’s operation is on track to achieve its business goals.
- Demonstrate dedication and passion for SEO and overall internet marketing.
Occasionally may be called upon for:
- Webpage fixes and updates
- Collaboration in strategizing and executing on monthly content calendars
- Collaborating in building Google/Bing Search advertising
- Skills and Abilities
- It will greatly benefit our SEO Strategist to have skills and experience in:
- Taking leadership and making recommendations
- Project and time management is critical
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple departments and functions
- Strong collaboration skills
- Research skills
- Active learning
- Technical SEO
- Backlink building
- Blog management
- Content Auditing
- Anchor Text Linking
- Author profiles
- Trust Signals on websites
- Schema Markup
- Google (Keyword tools)
- Keyword Discovery
- HTML / CSS / XML Languages
- MS Excel/Google Sheets
- WordPress CMS and Elementor
Additional Skills (Assets):
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Email Marketing
While having certifications would be considered an asset, our SEO Strategist will be evaluated on skills, experience and the ability to learn and implement new technologies quickly with minimal supervision or prompting.
Want to apply for this job?
Our hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Apply here and tell us about yourself and your work!
We’re enthusiastic problem solvers. Our team members share their diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences throughout our agency across our two locations in Winnipeg and Toronto.
Good relationships are built on trust. At Brandish, a good relationship between our agency and team comes from a clear understanding of shared expectations. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation days, great benefits, and autonomy over your work. You bring your best performance, an open mind, and ambition to engage.
Is This You?
Those who want to build, shape and grow their future with us will find Brandish’s culture uniquely amenable. Those who need a career progression track that’s clearly outlined and structured may find themselves struggling to find direction here. People who see Brandish as an opportunity to build something inside our company will thrive in our environment.
Brandish Statement of Diversity and Inclusion:
Brandish is an inclusive agency. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all backgrounds and perspectives bring value to our relationships, work and clients. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.