Key Account Manager
We're building something different. We need your help.
We’re enthusiastic problem solvers. Our team members share their diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences throughout our agency across our two locations in Winnipeg and Toronto.
Good relationships are built on trust. At Brandish, a good relationship between our agency and team comes from a clear understanding of shared expectations.
Those who want to build, shape and grow their future with us will find Brandish’s culture uniquely amenable. Those who need a career progression track that’s clearly outlined and structured may find themselves struggling to find direction here. People who see Brandish as an opportunity to build something inside our company will thrive in our environment.
Is This You?
Then Brandish wants to talk to you about becoming our Key Account Manager!
We are looking for a progressive and strategically-minded Key Account Manager (AM) with solid agency experience. At Brandish, the AM must be able to work collaboratively across all agency departments, understanding how each component works together to build a strategic direction for our clients and help them achieve their objectives. The AM oversees day-to-day client initiatives, but most importantly they nurture client relationships. They are accountable for the quality of every activity within the agency associated with their book of clients.
The AM is personable, confident and focussed on maintaining great rapport with their clients. Under the guidance of the Account Manager, the ideal candidate will enjoy working directly with their clients to successfully determine their needs, set actionable objectives, and shepherd work into and throughout the agency.
As an advocate for the client, the AM will ensure agency outputs are on-strategy and align with high-level account objectives. The AM must have the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team (Strategy and Planning, Creative, and Project Management) to achieve these objectives. The AM will kick off the semi-annual briefing processes by creating comprehensive account plans that summarize all necessary strategic and brand considerations from their clients. The AM will additionally be responsible for working within their team to ensure the timely and concise delivery of monthly reporting and plans that outline the progress and next steps as laid out within the semi-annual planning process.
In addition to managing an existing base of clients, Brandish expects and provides incentives to the AM who builds new relationships on behalf of the agency. As an integral member of a growing team, the ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running. Ambitious individuals will thrive in this fast paced environment that will offer opportunities for career advancement within the organization.
- Act as the primary point of contact with clients from relationship inception to completion
- Represent the client’s needs and wants as they pertain to the ongoing work with Brandish
- Represent the Brandish team and philosophy of work when discussing work with clients
- Contribute to and advocate for strategy
- Contribute to and advocate for creative
- Align agency stakeholders with client objectives
- Create and manage budgets to ensure performance and profitability
- Planning & Brief development as needed
- Research client business
- Gain insight relative to client business
- Develop client briefs as needed
- Work cross-discipline to facilitate agency briefing
- Speak to progress throughout ongoing work
- Organize semi-annual and monthly planning for recurring clients
- Manage and grow existing client budgets
- Work with internal teams to propose new projects to existing clients
- Develop a book of business to create new opportunities/clients for the agency
- Work with projects team to facilitate timely project completion
- Communicate necessary changes in timeline to client
- Support teams across the agency in achieving client objectives
- Facilitate client feedback on agency work
- Quality assurance on all agency work going to client
Experience and Knowledge
- 3-5 years of experience in agency environments in an account management, project management or strategic role
- Have a history of demonstrated aptitude for communication and relationship management
- Able to work with multiple cross-discipline teams
- Have a strong understanding of agency processes
- Demonstrated financial management skills are an asset
- Superior time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast moving environment
- Ability to maintain composure in high stress situations
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to quickly develop strong relationships
- Strong written and verbal communicator
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple clients at one time
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Detail oriented
Sound like you’re a great fit?