We’re looking for a multi-dimensional UX Designer to join our growing agency.
Brandish is a strategic brand consulting agency; we position and transition businesses into purpose driven brands by focusing on the people our clients are trying to connect with – their audience. We are a young agency looking to expand our internal team to focus on the growth and amplification of our unique culture to the world.
As a people-driven agency, we emphasize a culture that is flexible and adaptive to the ever-changing world of work. We are a remote-first agency with co-working space for optional use in Winnipeg. We offer a flexible work schedule, unlimited paid time off, a 4-day work week, and a fully paid benefits plan. We hire capable people and treat them like adults – no micromanagement. If this sounds like a place you’d like to work, read on:
About the Job
Brandish’ new UX Designer will play a critical role in the success of a major project for an enterprise client on a 12-month term. Collaborating both internally and with client technical teams, they will lay the foundation for web and native-application properties from research to prototyping to launch to ongoing improvement.
Working alongside the Product Manager, the UX Designer will play a key role in bridging the gap between the business case and user’s situation and the technical team and considerations of implementation, with abundant opportunities for creative problem solving and proactive thinking.
- Create compelling and intuitive product designs that users love;
- Lead and work through design problems from conception to launch in collaboration with cross-functional team members, including Brand, Product, and Development;
- Develop a strong understanding of our users and their needs, through qualitative and quantitative research, including usability testing and user interviews;
- Collaborate with our Brand and Product teams to build a living design system, that maintains visual standards throughout the product development lifecycle;
- Architect pixel-perfect designs and working prototypes, working with the Product team to hand off your designs and support the QA & launch process;
- Organize and present competitor research alongside data from heatmaps, surveys & polls to both internal and external stakeholders, and work to ensure our product is addressing trends & user issues; and
- Propose unique and innovative ways to improve brand and user experience and drive client results through web, native mobile and any platform necessary.
Skills & Abilities
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects both solo or within a collaborative environment, while consistently delivering outstanding designs;
- Experience working with popular UX design and prototyping software like Figma or Sketch;
- Demonstrated knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, web design and design systems;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of WCAG (Accessibility) requirements and designing for accessibility;
- Must have strong analytical skills and be comfortable working with, contributing to and building design systems, and have a deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process;
- Can be responsive and collaborative in a remote working environment, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; and is comfortable with technical writing and design documentation.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS and front-end web development concepts
- Minimum four (4) years of experience as a UX or Product Designer for web or SaaS web applications in a commercial environment;
- Experience applying UX fundamentals, including qualitative and quantitative research, experience mapping, personas, wireframes, mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing;
- Must have strong information architecture knowledge with a passion for resolving user pain points through beautiful and intuitive designs; and
- A portfolio of design work and case studies demonstrating your process is a plus.
We’re enthusiastic problem solvers. Our team members share their diverse skill sets, perspectives and experiences throughout our agency across our two locations in Winnipeg and Toronto.
Good relationships are built on trust. At Brandish, a good relationship between our agency and team comes from a clear understanding of shared expectations. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation days, great benefits, and autonomy over your work. You bring your best performance, an open mind, and ambition to engage.
Is This You?
Those who want to build, shape and grow their future with us will find Brandish’s culture uniquely amenable. Those who need a career progression track that’s clearly outlined and structured may find themselves struggling to find direction here. People who see Brandish as an opportunity to build something inside our company will thrive in our environment.
Want to apply for this job?
Our hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Apply and tell us about yourself and your work!
Brandish Statement of Diversity and Inclusion:
Brandish is an inclusive agency. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse staff and believe all backgrounds and perspectives bring value to our relationships, work and clients. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.